Monday 11 February 2008

Quack quack!

Went to the doc's today.

Boo!! Gotta have a routine blood test on Wednesday. It's not the test itself that bothers me, it's the milling around in the waiting room that gets to me (plus the inexplicable urge to make "You may feel a little prick"-related self-esteem/gay play on word jokes...)

Yay!! My doctor read my notes and told me I had problems with my boyfriend---hmmm, apparently I went in with blood sugar probs and came out with a different orientation. That doctor was actually struck off for being a perv (e.g. wanting to perform an internal examination on a woman who had gone in complaining of an earache) so my doc today actually confirmed that the first one had misread my notes and I was not in fact gay. I wouldn't mind but I've just spent a fortune on Abba CDs and leather chaps...

Yay!! I'm not depressive and not bipolar but have been referred to the psychologist to see if they can determine why I react like I do to things. It seems I fall into a pattern of behaviour rather than having an underlying condition so the shrink might be able to crack my code and make me not want to avoid or smash everything that gets on my nerves...which, let's face it, is pretty much everything. As a certain Mr Graves once said, "I hate everyone and think everything's stupid". Well, there are (many) exceptions to both statements---but I kinda agree.

However, anyone reading this is automatically one of life's superior examples of the human condition and is in my Book Of Things I Like---except for Scientologists: there's just no excuse...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Ooh 'ello ducky. Good to hear the doc's straightened you out.

"I hate everyone and think everything's stupid"

I'm sure most of the population feel that way at times, but all anyone can do is focus on the non-hateful non-stupid how ever many percent of er, everything.

thekelvingreen said...

It's funny you say that about Scientology, because this Tom Cruise guy says Scientology is the answer to everything... :P

Nige Lowrey said...

Well, I have no spiritual belief and think having one would improve a person's personal emotional stste (except for the fundamentalists--take away da fun, ya just get da mental, I say) but just picking one and following it is pointless. You have to connect to a faith and come to it yourself for it to become natural and a genuine belief.

As a result, I can understand anyone's personal belief---except the bloody Scientologists. Created by a POOR sci-fi writer who once said the best way to make money is to create a religion, Scientology is so OBVIOUSLY run as a money-grabbing concern, using dodgy discarded L Ron Hubbard plots as a basis.

I like the spirituality of George Lucas' force but he deliberately introduced midichlorians to lessen the divine elements as some people were already listing Jedi as a religion.

There's jus no excusing the idiotic belief system of Scientology when it is so apparent where its genesis lies. The way its picking up steam, at least in media circles, makes it easy to see how some of the major world religions could also have formed...

Rol said...

Bloody doctors. Most of them can't tell your arse from you elbow.

Nige Lowrey said...

That'd explain why I went in with an achy arm but it now hurst to sit down...ooh, me grapes...

dave said...

See, I told you it only made you gay if you pushed back.
And you pushed back like a cow at the abbatoir when she's seen the elecrtic paddles

I find everyone stupid especially the 200 kids I had to deal with at Lightspeed Champion last night. Fucking bastards