Thursday 1 May 2008

All Aboard The Sky Lark AMENDED


Well, the Sky man (and no, he wasn't Sylvester Pemberton) came out today, who at least confirmed that there is no digital signal in my area as we receive TV from the Crystal Palace transmitter, which is too weak to achieve much here really as we're on the cusp before people start receiving from Oxford instead. So, Sky it is for me.


Reluctantly, I've chosen the Sky digibox which receives 200 channels and is more outright but at the cost of £150 plus just under another fifty for installation. The other alternative was a free Sky box for a higher installation fee (so £60 odd seems cheaper than £200) but the catch was you have to then pay for the packages and the minimum was one package (£14) for a minimum of 13 months (£168), which is more expensive than the other option. However, £200 is a lot of money to me now at a time when I'm having to subsidise myself with my saving, but will better on my pocket in the long run.


The downside is that it'll be about 5 days before I receive my card and a few days after that when they can install it so I'll still be minus any TV (in real terms, minus Heroes, Dr Who, Pushing Daisies and My Name is Earl really) for maybe another two weeks. I'm gonna take this opportunity to install my broadband this weekend, finish that Heroes pic (detail of the shading above...only Claire, Hiro, Ando and the Haitian to do now) and quite possibly see Iron Man tonight...


4.5.08: Just finished the shading so have now attached that above instead---colouring to be done soon...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll tape Heroes tonight, forgot about Who last week, but Who cares eh ;)

The pic's coming along very nicely, though Matt's not fat enough and I don't feel the urge to slap Mohinder, so that obviously needs work.

Good job on Mr Bennet, he's spot on ) just like in Take Hart) although worryingly it looks like he's staring at his daughter's knockers.

Nige Lowrey said...

Cheers for taping that...can't seem to find episode 3 repeated anytime as miracle upon miracle, I have TV back now, hrrah!! And straight away, I turn it on and can't find sod all on so have got George Cole poncing about in UFO in the background...