Monday 8 September 2008

Comic Characters A-Z: The Return (of a sort...)





While I still like Owlwoman, Wonder man and maybe Yellowjacket, here are the only pics from my A-Z of comic characters I really like: first up, Power Girl (drawn at A3 as I was gonna base a cover image around her but eventually felt backgrounds detracted from the main figure), Cyclops (drawn at A4 as he's my favourite hero so wanted to take a bit of time with this) and Dr Strange (drawn at A5 and one of the easiest drawings I've ever done).


I'm currently using Doc Strange in some samples I'm working on, although I'm not sure if I'll use the first initial (yet to be completed) page. Despite some rough edges here and there, I'm generally happy with it but it's all an establishing scene and I want to cut loose with some action stuff over the next few pages. We'll have to see how the sequence works out as a whole but here's a dodgy panel from the current page, crammed with minor errors that probably less than five minutes could fix...

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Take em down, put em back up again... you really are a fruit & nut.

Rol said...

Really, Tone? We call it indecent exposure up in this neck of the woods.

Nige - make the images biggifiable!

Unknown said...

You Northerners with your weird Northern expressions. I'll be cognockered.

Nige Lowrey said...

Which pics do you want biggified?

Cognockered sounds vaguely rude...