Thursday 2 April 2009

TOTLOSH Tosh


Been a bit sidetracked recently but after watching the Legion episode of Smallville, I picked up two Legion tpbs last weekend and really enjoyed them. This reawakened interest in the Legion has made me return to a long held notion of doing a team shot of the entire Legion.


I wanted Superboy and the original three as the focal point with all the others fanning out behind them, with possibly hints of the better Five Years Later and post-Zero Hour characters looking down. I thought I'd start pencilling it out tonight, intending to use a clean line partly inspired by Chris Sprouse's Legion work but also knowing the illo will be dense as it is. However, I got stuck fairly quickly...


Superboy and Cosmic Boy came out OK but I had trouble positioning Saturn Girl, and this shoved Lightning Lad to the rear (that sentence sounds sordid...). Too much dead space below this group and not enough room for the entire Legion behind them (unless I do cheat flying shots). How do Alex Ross and George Perez make these assemblies look so easy? This was intended to be worked on a few figures at a time but I can't see me returning to this anytime soon as I'll be focusing on Silver this weekend...

No comments: