Saturday 13 November 2010

Another Quick Update





Just another quick update as things are a bit busy at the minute but I have managed to do some drawing today. I added a phoenix effect to an old Jean Grey pic (from the A-Z thread I think), pulled out a three year old attempt at drawing in a Mucha style and added a completely new art deco backdrop to make it feel more like Mucha and I've done a few more cartoony pics for a second book to go on sale via Amazon. I also scanned in five pages of comic art that I've battered into something resembling a story, though I've only scrawled out the dialogue so will need to go through and refine it to read better and make more sense.

I also have about a foot high stack of stuff to read, with a similar sized stack of DVDs to peruse at my leisure but saw the first official Green Lantern footage today, which looks CG heavy but fun...

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The Mucha pic is cool, you draw the background yourself? That would've drove me mental. Think you had issues with the foot, but it looks really nice in greytone.

Who's the bloke with the condom on his head? ;)

Nige Lowrey said...

Yeah, I drew the Mucha background myself and it did indeed drive me mental...I only have a fixed amount of years on this planet, which is why the backdrop is considerably less detailed than Mucha's :)

The superhero book is from the second book in the Ultimate Man's Guide Series, How To Pull Birds...