Saturday 9 April 2011

Now For Something Somewhat Different...









Although I've been too busy to do regular comic art lately (though I thumbnailed out a few pages today, yay!!), I have kept my hand in with various other requested art jobs. These are usually personal gifts and so won't be of interest to most folks, but I featured one or two in Odds And Ends II and thought I'd just post a few others here to show what else I've been up to .

Again, this isn't a complete collection of these requests but my favourite pieces (except the crap ducks and building, which I only added to vary things a bit more) from the completed work I've scanned. I've actually decorated two cakes too, but they're harder to scan :)

2 comments:

Rol said...

You're turning into an excellent caricaturist. The woman in #2 looks like Madonna... maybe she does in real life too.

Nige Lowrey said...

It makes me laugh to consider that lady as Madonna (it's a co-worker!) but I see the resemblance now, it's like Madonna out of that Bond music video...

I quite like these little "jobs" as it's a good creative exercise where I can just enjoy the drawing as so long as the likeness is good, other details don't need to be spot on. Drawing comics is bloody hard work most of the time, so these illos are a fun diversion.

Having said that, I'm looking forward to getting back to doing some comic art but also need to juggle it with the book updates and life (and my growing read pile) in general...

Y'know, if I went sick for a few weeks, I could probably complete half an issue! :)