Monday 21 November 2011

Washing The Ships Roll In...





Typically, my washer/dryer decides to pack up at the most inopportune time, plunging me further into financial woe in the run up to Xmas and curtailing a long-awaited weekend away as I had to be back to wait for the engineer to come out today. Still, took the time to finish a few art projects, as seen above:

Top: I really liked the Amy Pond piece I did recently...but hated some of the brushwork so I decided to redo it using pens. I couldn't find the original ref I had so lightboxed my own original drawing! Much happier with the new version (nobody else will see the difference but I know...). Frustratingly, I found the ref after finishing the re-inking...

Next: Inspired by how Amy came out, thought I'd try another face and settled on Katy Perry (don't ask). As a likeness this is atrocious but as a piece on its own, I quite like this...

Next: Coloured version of a recent Catwoman (done experimenting with a pared down rendering style)...

Finally: Originally done as a Dave Sim/Glamourpuss-inspired experiment with lightboxing, I am fairly happy with this drawing so decided to simply colour it with flats after completing the more involved Catwoman...

Not pictured here are a scan of a Blue Beetle, Booster Gold and Cyclops sketch done on the train this weekend, an old Rogue pic I also started recolouring today and a portrait of Will Self (yet again...don't ask...)

No comments: