Sunday 19 February 2012

And THIS Weekend...






I had intended to pencil some Too Much Sex And Violence pages this weekend but fell ill on Friday so took it easy instead. Here's some ogf the gubbins I got up to instead...

From the top: a further tweaked version of Power Girl done for Davey's thread on TAB (I added the collar here after posting the "original" there); coloured version of one of the characters for a story I'm percolating; been reading the latest Back Issue and was inspired by their article on Starfire to draw the character to finish off a pad; another entry for TAB, a redesigned new Starman (really like the design if not the art) and yet another TAB entry, Wally West (incorporating his Flash and Kid Flash designs).

Finally, a new Cyclops replacing the crap one I drew previously for TAB. I was thinking of Paul Smith's version as I drew this and thought I'd add in some pics of my favourite Cyclops artists. From left to right: Adam Hughes, Steve Lightle, Kevin Nowlan, Jim Cheung, Cliff Chiang and then Paul Smith, Chris Sprouse, John Byrne, Dave Cockrum and Werner Roth, my favourite artist of the original X-men run (other than the Wally Wood-assisted issue).

That Cyclops thing was inspired by a Many Faces Of...column that used to run in Marvel Age that I always enjoyed. I couldn't find any Weiringo or Maguire Cyclops illos, a shame as I bet I'd have loved them...

No comments: