Monday 5 March 2012

Weekend Wimmen

Hmm.

When I was a kid, I learned to draw from copying comics, mainly drawing superheroes over and over. It wasn't until I started drawing The Jock that I thought I really should try to improve on my female characters, which I'd pretty much neglected.

Years later, I rarely draw male characters (in fact, I feel I need to focus more on them as I'm getting out of practice). While I enjoy drawing female characters, I also enjoy other stuff too...but this weekend I seem to have drawn nothing but women.

OK, I did manage to squeeze in a logo design for the local authority and pencilled two pages of Too Much Sex And Violence #4...but even those project featured laydeez. Stuck for choice over at TAB, I went with a Tank Girl over a Judge Dredd (fancied the graphicy style), started two superheroines (oh yeah: I like the clean line effect on heroines so have drawn up a list of Marvel and DC female characters I want to draw in this style, hopefully getting them "right"...so again, fighting myself, which is why my Comicspace name is conflictedartist!), doodled another warmup sketch for my own project and finished the linework for a commission..again, featuring a lady.

I'm not complaining about the choices but I hope the characters aren't gratuitous and have some personality/charm...

No comments: