Tuesday 3 July 2012

DCPu Spawns MarrvelPu? UPDATED

UPDATED: just added a higher res of this pic...is that floating thing with the SHIELD emblem possibly an Ant-Man or Bug vehicle? Meanwhile, the Avengers roster is expanding to I18 rotating members...



Marvel will be relaunching (but not rebooting) their line with new titles, creative teams and costumes later this year...a sneak peak has been released and I HATE the Cyclops head, hate hate HATE!. The costume is dull but ok but that mask just looks awful. Gone is the trademark elegant visor in place of a head-spanning X that looks like a Cylon gone wrong.

Spidey's got a tweak, cap looks like Ultimate Cap, Hulk seems to be wearing unnecessary armour, Iron man's black and gold and who's that with eye patch, Cable? Quite like the Nova outfit but want Rich Rider not that Sam that Jeph Loeb introduced (I know he lost his son and it's sad and hard but there was already an episode of Smallville dedicated to him and a DC comic devoted to him and the naming of a character just seems a step too far into self indulgence for me).

Just as well that Marvel is so unwelcoming for readers that I don't read the X-line anymore then...

3 comments:

Rol said...

Ha - I quite like the new Cyclops mask.

(I don't really, I'm just saying it to wind you up.)

Nige Lowrey said...

That Cyclops things reminds me of racer X from Speed racer...

What do you think about the Spidey tweaks? I think they are ok but completely pointless...

Rol said...

I hadn't really noticed them and can't really see from that one image just what they've done, but I suspect they've made it more like the latest movie costume... so, just like that, yes, completely pointless!